Stress can take many shapes and forms. What’s stressful for you- might not be stressful for me- and vice versa. And stress can make you ill. Like with a lot of things in life… it’s relative- and what you compare with and what kind of experiences you have and so on. I’d like to say that my stress tolerance is high having moved around a lot, had extremely stressful jobs, raised our daughter trying to keep her in normality whilst packing and unpacking boxes, visiting important family members, maintaining friendships (globally) and more… but I’m not so sure it really is? This week for example is a good situation with 3 major deadlines and deliveries at work and 6 international flights between my husband and I.
What seems to work for me though to feel more in control is to:
* take deep proper breaths- a lot of them!
* drink plenty of water
* be mindful of what I eat
* enjoy a nice nespresso first thing in the morning
* do some Yoga with Adriene
* listen to positive affirmations (lots on YouTube!)
* write in my 3 Good Things App
* focus on the positive side, enjoy and embrace the challenge (thank you Andrea!!!)
* chat to friends and… to look forward to a very “Hygge” weekend and enjoy every single moment.
What do you recommend in stressful situations? What works for you?