I love watching movies and series. We also stayed next to the Netflix building in Los Gatos for a while. I remember looking at the stock price and back then it was under $100. Times have changed since. I think Netflix is such a clever business idea. Who would have thought, 10 years ago, that you were going to be able to watch tv from your mobile phone? It goes to show that:
“it always seems impossible until it’s done”
I have a few favourite shows that I’ve watched throughout the times:
1. The Thorn Birds. Most readers will probably not know about this one. I remember it being very romantic, filmed in beautiful settings and quite dramatic. Richard Chamberlain was playing the priest, who is a famous actor.
2. Then Melrose Place. About young professionals in a building in Los Angeles. At the time I thought they were so well dressed. An Aaron Spelling series, so what can be wrong?
3. Next on the list we have 24. This is the first series that I truly binged watched. We usually waited for it to be available on DVD, then could spend hours watching this. Very exciting. And who doesn’t know Jack Bauer. He actually reminds me of MacGyver. Could build anything out of nothing.
4. Then there is Spooks. A British counterterrorism series. A bit similar to 24 but very British. I love ❤️
5. True Blood. Of course it has to be in my top list with a Skarsgard brother as one of the main characters. I have to say that this Swedish family of actors are rather impressive. The series are set in Louisiana about a telepathic waitress called Sookie Stackhouse. It has vampires, fairies, cool accents, beautiful settings and really is full on fantasy. It’s a series I could watch again.
6. Outlander. I’m continuing in the fantasy genre with a medieval twist. It’s romantic and funny with a strong woman in charge. I like it. A female doctor travelling back in time fighting for the love of her life. I can’t wait for the next series!
7. Sons of Anarchy. Yes I surprised myself by liking this one?! It might have helped that we at the time, were in the mountains near Los Gatos and drove on similar roads. We also used to go to an amazing cafe called Alice, which is a favourite amongst bikers. The series are quite raw, with a lot of bad language- but I still recommend.
8. The Affair. After the first series I was mesmerised. It’s emotional and psychological at the same time. It’s like you don’t know if it’s real at times? Interesting as well how it’s captured different perspectives and how people perceive and see the same thing so differently. It’s sad, capturing and intriguing all at the same time and with excellent acting. Watch it!
9. Suits. How can you not like this? I love their outfits. In particular Donna. It’s funny, witty and with lots of cleverness. I love how the characters are so different. And of course now, one of them just married… you know who…
10. And for now, the final series I recommend. A little bit different but originating from a film that was awarded ten Academy Awards back in 1973: The Exorcist, but the series. Yes, quite frightening and if you are not into this kind of genre- then don’t watch it. It can be a bit controversial but I still love it and it scares me at the same time. I used to watch scary films a lot in the past. However the Japanese horror movies such as the Ring, really put me of them for a very, very long time. This is however actually ok.
So these are 10 of my personal favourite series. I could make the list so much longer. What about GoT, Bosch etc. etc… well I promise to write more about these in another post!
Which series do you like- and why? Feel free to share. Maybe there will be something that I haven’t watched yet?